- Cards and deal
- Decide who plays Red and who Black. Deal 25 cards face up in a 5x5 square and stack the rest face down.
- To be the first to create two stacks of cards of your own colour in two of the 25 positions, each containing all 13 cards of the same suit, though not necessarily in numerical order.
- The first to move is the player of whose colour fewer lie face up in the initial layout.
If two cards of one of your suits lie in the same row or column you may pack the higher of them on the lower.
Cards rank upwards A2345678910JQK. For example, you can place 3
on A, K
on Q, etc. Note that you can only move cards
of your own colour.
- A Jack can be followed by the Queen, King, or any odd numeral card of the same suit
- A Queen can be followed by the King or any even numeral card of the same suit (but not by the Jack)
- A King can be followed by any numeral card of the same suit, odd or even (but not by the Jack or Queen)
- Ending and winning
- The game ends when one player completes two stacks of 13 cards of their own colour, thereby winning.