- Cards and deal
- From a well-shuffled 52-card pack deal 13 cards each, one at a time.
- To convert your hand into one containing any or all of the following melds or combinations:
- Flush: five or more cards in your longest suit
- Sequence: a sequence of three or more cards in the same suit (Ace counts high or low, enabling either AKQ or A23, but not both at once)
- Three or four of cards of the same denomination
- Twenty-one: four cards, one of each suit, with a total face value of 21. (Numerals count at face value from A=1 to Ten=10 and face cards at 5 each. Only one 21 my be declared.
- A game consists of up to three rounds, and each round consists of up to three swaps.
Anyone satisfied with their hand at the end of the first round may ‘knock’ by laying it face down on the table, earning
a bonus of 10 points at the end of play, provided they are the only player to knock at this stage.
If three or four players knock, no more rounds are played. Otherwise round two begins.
- Each player scores for their hand as follows:
- Flush: 1 point per card in their longest suit of five or more
- Sequence: 1 point per card in each suit-sequence of three or more
- Three alike scores 6, four alike 12
- Twenty-one: scores 7 points
- plus 10 bonus points for the only player to knock at the end of the first swap
- A game is four deals, or is won by the first to reach an accumulated score of 100.